Hardrock MMA 86: 8 Year Anniversary lineup finalized with 17 bouts
The lineup is set for this weekend’s Hardrock MMA 86: 8 Year Anniversary event. Headlining the milestone event is a professional featherweight contest between the undefeated Lance Lawrence (2-0) and David Bernas (4-1).
After taking the last year off from fighting, Bernas decided it was time to step back into the cage. In his last outing, Bernas earned a first round submission win over Brandon Davis at Midwest Fight Series XIV. This will be the first time that the Indiana resident will be competing outside of that promotion since turning professional in 2013.
Lawrence will be looking to keep his unblemished record intact when he meets his most seasoned opponent to date. Last year was a great start for the promising prospect. He made his professional debut in one year ago this month when he submitted Brian Kerr early in the first round. He followed that performance up with another quick submission win over Jonathan Pearce at Valor Fights 35 in June.
In the co-main event, Ian Lawler (3-2) of Adversity Training Center will face Ruben Warr (5-8) of AFS Academy in a catchweight (150lbs) bout. Warr, fresh off a decision win over Charles Stanford at Hardrock 84, is eager to keep the wins coming. “Next Saturday I will win I will succeed I will demonstrate how good I really am,” Warr posted on Facebook.
Lawler, the owner of Adversity Training Center, had a busy few months as he relocated his gym. That didn’t stop him as he was preparing for this fight. Lawler spent some time during this camp cross-training with D3 Elite in Johnson City, TN and Four Seasons in Lexington, KY. In his last outing, Lawler earned the win after Chad Perrine was unable to continue after the first round this past April at Valor Fights 32.
On the amateur side of the card, two titles will be up for grabs as Clay Baker (6-0) of Alliance MMA will defend his featherweight title against Hyten MMA fighter Kellen VanCamp (6-0). Baker defeated Seth Dixon at Hardrock 84 to capture his second amateur championship. VanCamp recently submitted William Debandi at Hardrock 85 to earn his shot at the title.
Undefeated fighters Tyler Shipp (3-0) and Josh Schlenker (3-0) will meet for the promotions currently vacant heavyweight title. Oddly, the last time these two competed was also on the same card at Hardrock 82. And, both of them earned second round stoppages. This time only one of them will walk away victorious and newly crowned champion.
Check out the full card below.
Hardrock MMA 86: 8 Year Anniversary Show lineup
- Justice Meeks (BG Badboys) vs William Sirles – Welterweight
- Zack McCauley (Outlaw MMA) vs Walker Jones (Derby City) – Catchweight (175lbs)
- Jason George (Fight 2 Win) vs TC Shaw (Grind) – Super Heavyweight
- Shayne Gadd (Dobusutai) vs Lioney Henriquez (Elite) – Middleweight
- Aaron Johnston vs Adrian Jenkins (Louisville Combat) – Middleweight
- Eric Hillard (Mustangs) vs Alec Valentine (Area 502) – Catchweight (150lbs)
- Paul Diop (Triple Crown) vs Jesse Broyles (Area 502) – Lightweight
- Damian Miller (RT) vs Devin Seebold (Louisville Combat) – Bantamweight
- Christian Bowling (Hybrid) vs Kane Ray (XGT) – Lightweight
- Justin Burgun (Dobusutai) vs Shannon VanNess (Grind) – Super Heavyweight
- Tyler Black (Reaction) vs Will Myers (Louisville Combat) – Catchweight (215lbs)
- Ricky Jones Jr (Etown Beatdown) vs Kevan Avery (Derby City) – Lightweight
- Michael Taylor (Elite) vs Nathan Pierce (Area 502) – Catchweight (195lbs)
- Kellen VanCamp (Hyten) vs Clay Baker (Alliance MMA) (Champ) – Featherweight Title (5 rounds)
- Tyler Shipp (Demon/Hybrid) vs Josh Schlenker (Grind) vacant – Heavyweight Title (3 rounds)
- Ian Lawler (ATC) vs Ruben Warr (AFS) – Catchweight (150lbs)
- David Bernas (IBG) vs Lance Lawrence (Cruz) – Featherweight
Hardrock MMA 86: 8 Year Anniversary Show takes place Saturday, February 4, 2017, at the Paroquet Springs Conference Center in Shepherdsville, Kentucky.