Nicholas Wayne replaces Kenneth Glenn in title fight against Mike Santiago at HFC 33
Just a little over 24 hours ago Nicholas Wayne (2-4) was presented with the opportunity to fill in as a last minute replacement. Kenneth Glenn (7-4) was scheduled to square off against Mike Santiago (19-9) tomorrow night but was removed from the title fight.
“Due to an unfortunate medical situation with Kenneth Glenn, he is out of his lightweight title fight with Michael Santiago,” officials from Hoosier Fight Club posted on Facebook. It is not known at this time what exactly forced Glenn off the card.
Without hesitation Hybrid Athletics’ Wayne was excited about the opportunity to compete for the promotion’s professional lightweight title. “We’re always in shape around here at Hybrid Athletics and we like to show it. I feel great,” the Portage, Indiana native said.
“I’m looking forward to hanging some hardware up in our gym.”
– Nicholas Wayne
The Hoosier Fight Club veteran made his professional debut with the organization six years ago, defeating Bobby Emmons Jr. During that time Wayne went out to fight five more times including a three-year layoff.
“The HFC fans have seen me before.” This will be the seventh time that Wayne has competed for the organization. “They know I bring it. I push the pace, and I get stronger as the fight goes on,” stated Wayne.
Hoosier Fight Club 33 takes place at The Venue inside The Horseshoe Casino in Hammond, Indiana. The event kicks off 6:00 PM CDT / 7:00 PM EST. With the addition of Nicholas Wayne, the HFC 33 event card now includes:
HFC 33 Lineup
- Brady Hovermale vs. Jose Mariscal – Featherweight Title
- Mark Sainci vs. Larry DiGiulio – Flyweight Title
- Nicholas Wayne vs. Mike Santiago – Lightweight Title
- Darrius Flowers vs. Michael Robinson, Jr.
- Reggie Merriweather vs. Caleb Williams
- Aaron Smith vs. Sinatra Pool
- Bryan Ortiz vs. Saidyokub Kakhramonov
- Devin Laseter vs. Gabriel Mota (c) – Middleweight Title
- Konner Chafin vs. Jonathon Appelman
- Rico Robinson vs. Mikey Escoe
- Roman Papuc vs. John Popi
- Joel Casales vs. Payton Brezinski
Photo courtesy of Nicholas Wayne’s Facebook