Results – GE Fights 14: Pride
Although it has been a few days removed from the event we have the results from this past Saturdays GE Fights 14: Pride show. Even though the show concluded many days ago people have been talking about what transpired during the main event. Of course we covered the controversial ending yesterday as Sascha Konigstein “illegally” landed several strikes to the back of the head of Chris Blevins.
The title fight between the two is currently under review by the sanctioning body; we should have an announcement in the coming days. However that was not the only fight of the night as Joshua Callison earned the first round submission over Kevin Schmidt to retain his bantamweight title. To see the rest of the results from the event continue after the break.
We were not on hand at this event so we will not be able to give our the customary “of the Night” awards presented by Bangtown Fightwear.
The all-amateur card featured 19 fights including three title bouts which two ended in ways not desired. In the featherweight title fight Chris Wanke earned the victory by way of disqualification. A way no one ever wants to win. Hopefully a rematch between these two can take place so we can have a clear, undisputed champion.
GE Fights 14: Pride Results
- Sascha Konigstein def Christopher Blevins via TKO/RSC (1st) (01:28)
- Christopher Wanke def Jason Bahrt via Disqualification (1st) (02:35)
- Joshua Callison def Kevin Schmidt via Submission (1st) (02:08)
- Kyle Allen def Justin Ploof via Submission (1st) (01:28)
- Christopher Sprinkle def Chad Cobb via KO (1st) (01:09)
- Ryan Gosnell def Trent Janosa via TKO/RSC (2nd) (00:23)
- Ryan Boger def Bryan Shanes via Submission (1st) (00:50)
- Nicholas Fraley def John Luttrell, III via Submission (1st) (00:20)
- Marcus Rose def Charles Pingleton via Submission (1st) (02:48)
- Shakia Hughes def Taylor Brown via Submission (1st) (00:25)
- Darrin Gaines, Sr. def Ethan McQueen via Submission (1st) (00:22)
- Nikko Glasper def Scott Liggett via TKO/RSC (2nd) (00:49)
- Troy Harvey def Richard McLean via Submission (1st) (01:21)
- Daniel Pick def Adam Sumner via TKO/RSC (1st) (01:47)
- Jim Harness, Jr. def Brian Scherer via Submission (1st) (01:53)
- Max Reagin, III def Donnie Snow via Submission (1st) (02:57)
- Austin Hays def John Faith, Jr. via Submission (1st) (00:47)
- Tylor Scott def Adam Norris via Decision
- Cody Schieve def George Johnson, Jr. via Decision